December 05, 2012

Are you entitled to the Winter Fuel Payment?

You could get between £100 and £300 tax-free to help pay your heating bills if you were born on or before 5 July 1951. This known as a ‘Winter Fuel Payment’.

Most payments are made automatically between November and December. You should get your money by Christmas.

You should get a Winter Fuel Payment automatically if you get the State Pension or another social security benefit (not Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit or Child Benefit.

To find out more, or to register for the scheme please visit the following Government website:

comments powered by Disqus