December 23, 2016
This Winter, if you are feeling particularly daring we have found the perfect recipe to make your own homemade mulled cider! Clove-studded apples, spices, citrus and dark rum make this mulled cider recipe impossible to resist on a cold day or a great Christmas day party drink. For a non-alcoholic version simply swap the cider for apple juice and avoid adding the rum.
Rix Petroleum is an expert in heating oil and provides the best heating oil prices to people around the UK.
For this you will need:
- 3½pts/2L dry cider or fresh apple juice
- 2 apples studded with cloves
- 4-6 cinnamon sticks
- 5-6 allspice berries
- zest of 1 orange
- dark rum (optional)
- slices of apple for garnish
To make your mulled cider simply…
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and simmer gently for 30 minutes - do not boil though.
- Transfer to a heatproof bowl and ladle into glass mugs. Garnish with apple slices to serve.
Please drink responsibly!