September 22, 2017
We’ve all heard the horror stories about poorly qualified engineers making mistakes whilst servicing Heating Oil tanks and boilers, which is why, at Rix, we make sure that our Heating Service engineers are fully qualified, to the highest level. Before our engineers are allowed to visit our customers, they have to complete training to become OFTEC registered. The Oil Firing Technical Association (OFTEC) is an independent body authorised to register businesses working with oil-fired equipment. Not only do OFTEC help maintain safety standards throughout the industry, they are also a name that emits trust.
As well as the confidence that your Rix Heating Services engineer will have the qualifications and experience, you can also be assured that your engineer will also:
- Have their work assessed from time to time to ensure they are maintaining standards and safety.
- Can certify their work meets current building regulations – something non-OFTEC qualified technicians cannot do which means local authority building control have to become involved in any work being undertaken.
- Be re-certified every 5 years, to ensure they are kept up to date with the latest regulations and developments within the heating oil engineering world.
- They will carry identification with them showing what type of oil heating work they are certified for.
- They have access to guidance and advice from OFTEC.
- Suitably insured to work in your home and will provide you with documentation for any work they have undertaken in your
- Be up to date with any new regulations legislations or equipment news.
- If they come across any issues that they are not aware of, our engineers have access to guidance from OFTEC.
- OFTEC is recognised by the Government, oil companies, heating appliance and tank manufacturers.
- A warranty of your work will be covered by OFTEC
You can find out more or book a service here. For more information about heating oil, prices or services, explore our website or get in touch.