December 23, 2016
This Winter, if you are feeling particularly daring we have found the perfect recipe to make your own homemade mulled cider! Clove-studded apples, spices, citrus and dark rum make this mulled cider recipe impossible to resist on a cold day or a great Christmas day party drink. For a non-alcoholic version simply swap the cider for apple juice and avoid adding the rum.
For this you will need:
- 3½pts/2L dry cider or fresh apple juice
- 2 apples studded with cloves
- 4-6 cinnamon sticks
- 5-6 allspice berries
- zest of 1 orange
- dark rum (optional)
- slices of apple for garnish
To make your mulled cider simply…
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and simmer gently for 30 minutes - do not boil though.
- Transfer to a heatproof bowl and ladle into glass mugs. Garnish with apple slices to serve.
Please drink responsibly!