March 19, 2013
In our country heating oil is considered one of the most environmentally friendly and economical heating solutions available on the market. An increasing number of homeowners in UK are coming to realize the tremendous benefits and advantages of heating oil for their homes. In addition to being one of the cheapest heating solutions today, home heating oil features multiple benefits and is considered a better choice by many people and specialists who are not that satisfied with common alternative energy heating methods.
Let's take a look at some of the most important advantage of domestic heating oil.
- More Performance. First and foremost, you need to know that oil usually burns at over 70 degrees Celsius, which is hotter than electricity or natural gas. Consequently, oil-heated homes warm up more quickly. Moreover, oil is way more efficient than any other types of heating. For example, gas furnaces have only 77% efficiency and electric heating furnaces come at only 31% efficiency, while oil furnaces exceed 91% when it comes to efficiency. Moreover, oil furnaces create hot oil 3 times faster than gas or electric heaters.
- Less Cost Expensive. Another amazing benefit of heating oil is that it is not that pricey as other heating options. In order to maintain the desired temperature in your home, you won't need to pay extra money, because oil delivers enough heat per one unit of energy, compared to other fuels that lack this important aspect. Usually gas delivers only 100,000 BTU (British Thermal Units), while oil delivers over 140,000 BTU at the same cost. In the end, you will be able to save over 30% of the total heating costs.
- Portability. Many homes located in remote locations or other inaccessible areas can easily use heating oil because of its advantage of being portable. There are plenty of pipes all across UK that pass through isolated areas, therefore allowing homes with no access to gas or electricity to benefit of heating oil. Moreover, spilled home heating oil is not that dangerous for your home, but it only makes a negative impact on the environment. However, this can be solved by contacting the local environmental health department and the insurance company.
- More Economical. Since energy prices have been on the rise in the last decade, we can expect a continual increase of price for gas and energy. On the other hand, heating oil has been less expensive than energy or gas in the last decade, and the specialists agree that the price of heating oil will remain steady.
- Safe. Lastly, one of the most important advantages of home heating oil is that it is non-explosive and won't burn in liquid state, only when it vaporize. For example, if you light a match and you throw it into your container of oil it will extinguish by itself in a few minutes. In order to ignite your home heating oil, it has to be heated to over 60 degrees Celsius, which is the temperature it starts to vaporize. In addition to that, leaking oil won't explode, so you can have the peace of mind you and your family are safe.
No matter where you live in UK, heating oil is and will remain one of the most convenient home heating methods available today, therefore make the most out of it and play it safe when heating your home.