AdBlue for Agriculture
- AdBlue for Agriculture
AdBlue for Agricultural Diesel engines
AdBlue is ideal for use within Agricultural diesel engines. It is an extremely pure urea solution that is defined by the ISO 222 41 standard, specifically designed for use with SCR technology for diesel engines. Only AdBlue can be used for this technology, and it is essential the quality is maintained to protect your investment in your tractors and AdBlue installation.
What is SCR technology?
AdBlue is used in addition to Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR). SCR technology helps to reduce harmful emissions produced from diesel engines. This ensures the current European legislations are met including Euro6 emission standards. Most heavy duty tractor manufacturers have already implemented SCR technology.
Rix can supply AdBlue in the following methods:
- 10-litre pack
- 200-litre barrels
- 1000 Litre IBC
- Need AdBlue in a larger quantity? No problem. Rix can supply AdBlue in bulk if required.
Do's and Don'ts for AdBlue usage in Agriculture:
- Always fill AdBlue into the AdBlue tank. Both the pistol and the outlet are clearly marked.
- Keep AdBlue equipment clean and free from dust or dirt.
- You do not need additional protective clothing to handle AdBlue although protective gloves may be a sensible precaution whilst handling both AdBlue and diesel.
- If over-heated, AdBlue containers can be chilled with water.
- AdBlue freezes at -11°C, this will not be an issue under most local conditions.
- Make sure only AdBlue to ISO 22241 standard is used, NOT other solutions…
- Do NOT fill AdBlue into the diesel tank.
- Do NOT fill diesel into the AdBlue tank.
- Do not use AdBlue when contaminated with water or other substances, especially diesel fuel.
- AdBlue can be slippery when spilt; it does not affect concrete or brickwork. If spilt wash the area immediately with water.