What is Carbon Monoxide?
Carbon monoxide is a chemical produced when a fuel does not burn completely, and can be produced by appliances that are not working or installed correctly.
Why is it dangerous?
It is poisonous to humans because the molecules attach themselves to haemoglobin, preventing the transport of blood around the body. It is also impossible for a person to detect as it has no smell or taste.
How do I know if I’ve been poisoned?
The symptoms are tiredness & confusion, headache, dizziness, nausea, sickness, shortness of breath, loss of consciousness or coordination.
What do I do if I have these symptoms?
Open any windows/doors you can to get fresh air, turn off all your appliances and go to a doctor or hospital immediately.