1. This competition is open to all residents of England aged 16 years or over, except for employees of Rix Petroleum, their families or anyone else associated with this competition. No purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
2. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. Entries should be submitted either online at https://www.rix.co.uk/we-care/or via recorded delivery to The We Care Competition, Rix Petroleum (Hull) Ltd, Witham House, 45 Spyvee Street, Hull, HU8 7JR. Postal entries will not be returned to the sender. For all digital entries, file sizes must be no greater than 5MB and can only be uploaded as a jpeg, jpg, png and gif. It is at the discretion of Rix Petroleum to reject entries due to poor image quality. Postal entries will be scanned and entered into the competition within 4 weeks of submission.
4. All entries must be received by 22nd July 2013. Entry opens on Tuesday 16th April 2013at 10.30am. The closing date for the competition is Monday 22nd July 2013 at 18.00 in Great Britain. No entries received after this time will be accepted.
5. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them or they have the owner’s consent to enter this competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph or image they are submitting is either their own work or they have the owner’s permission and copyright approval to submit the photograph or image. Rix Petroleum cannot be held responsible for any copyright breaches.
6. Copyright in all images and photographs submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of them providing the competition with their photograph, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Rix Petroleum (Hull) Ltd to feature any part of or the entire submitted image or photograph in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition for a 24 month period.
7.Rix Petroleum may refuse or disqualify any entry (including winning entries) if the entrant concerned or anyone authorised by the entrant to deal with their entry, acts in a way which the Rix Petroleum reasonably considers to be inappropriate, unlawful or offensive.
8. Rix Petroleum have the rights to refuse competition entry, disqualifywinning entrants and / or reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant if the misuse of commercial and / or competitor brands, logos, colours, products, locations, assets, strap lines, trademarks, staff and / or other entities associated with any other organisation are used as part of an entry.
9. Only one entry per email address is acceptable. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of entry. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
10. There is one prize within a 40 mile radius of each Rix Petroleum depot, with exception to Rix Petroleum (Hull) Ltd where the radius is 60 miles. Therefore, there are nine prizes available to win. Each prize is £500 worth of goods or services as described within the winning entrants chosen not for profit or charitable organisation description.
11. Each winning entry will be chosen based on the most Facebook.com ‘likes’ secured over the duration of the competition, within each Rix Petroleum depot location. The winner will be notified within 5 working days of the closing date of the competition.
12. There is one winning entry per Rix Petroluem Depot location. There are six locations. Each winning entry’s chosen not for profit or charitable organisation will receive the prize of £500 worth of goods or services, as described in the winning entrant’s entry description. The winning prize cannot be given to or transferred to the winning entrant. The winning prize can only be awarded to the winning entrant’s chosen not for profit or charitable organisation.
13. All winning entry’s chosen not for profit or charitable organisation must be located within a 40 miles radius of the closest Rix Petroleum depots, with exception to Rix Petroleum (Hull) Ltd where the radius is 60 miles. A list of Rix Petroleum depot locations can be found at https://www.rix.co.uk/contact-us/.
14. All winning entrants and their chosen not for profit or charitable organisation must make themselves available for future publicity relating to the competition.
15. The winner’s name and chosen not for profit or charitable organisation may be disclosed to anyone who writes within one month after the published closing date, enclosing a stamped addressed envelope, to The We Care Competition, Rix Petroleum, Witham House, 45 Spyvee Street, Hull, HU8 7JR.
16. The prizes as described are available at the end of the competition date. All prizes will be honoured within a reasonable timescale. All prizes are non transferable for other purposes other than those originally described within the winning entry and there are no cash alternatives.
17. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of Rix Petroleum, and accordingly Rix Petroleum may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the competition and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to Rix Petroleum as a result thereof.
18. By participating into this competition, the entrant agrees to allow Rix Petroleum to contact them via email from time to time about similar promotions and competitions.
19. Rix Petroleum includes, Rix Petroleum (Hull) Ltd, Rix Petroleum Spalding, Rix Petroleum North East, Rix Petroleum (Midlands) Ltd, Rix Petroleum (Mercia) Ltd, Rix Petroleum (East Anglia) Ltd. Company registration and address details can be found at www.rix.co.uk/contact-us/ and are available via written request by writing to Rix Petroleum, Witham House, 45 Spyvee Street, Hull, HU8 7JR and enclosing a pre paid self addressed envelope.
20. English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.