January is a good time to sow garlic cloves indoors. Once they are ready, why not make your own garlic bread?
Garlic bread is a classic accompaniment or starter with Italian food, Give it a rustic update of your own with this recipe.
Recipe serves 4 (depending on amount of bread used).
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 75g very soft butter
- Pitta bread, sourdough or ciabatta (or all three!)
- Take your home grown garlic cloves, crush them to a pulp and mix with the butter.
- Toast the bread in a toaster, on the barbecue or under a grill.
- Spread the garlic butter onto your bread.
- Enjoy as a starter or as a nice side dish.