Rix Power Plus Extra is a gas oil (BS2869:A2) upgrade product formulated to allow modern diesel engines calibrated on EN590 DERV to run on red diesel. It also compensates for some of the deleterious effects of a higher FAME content e.g. tendency for water pick-up. The product will additionally enhance the performance of older vehicles.
It is added at the rate of 1 litre of additive per 2,000 litres of fuel.
The product is formulated from recognised fuel additive components and should not void an engine manufacturer’s warranty. In fact, very many engine manufacturers now recommend the use of upgrade additives when red/green diesel is used. Power Plus has a number of features including increased cetane number, increased fuel lubricity and enhanced water resistance. Benefits of these includes:
- Easier starting
- Increased pulling power
- Smoother power delivery
- Reduced visible emissions (smoke)
- Improved combustion efficiency
- Aligns with modern engine calibrations
- Compensates for sulphur reduction
- Protects against premature wear in fuel pumps and fuel injectors
- Reduces friction
- Prevents emulsions forming and resultant filter blockages
- Keeps water out of the fuel
Click here to download Power Plus information guide
Available from the following locations: