How do I maintain my heating oil system?
You should have your heating oil tank and oil boiler inspected at least once per year by an OFTEC-qualified heating engineer.
You should also regularly perform visual inspections, and general upkeep:
- Remove debris from the external bund.
- Close access points when out of use.
- Clean any oil spillages made during delivery.
- Check for oil stains on the supports or ground.
- Check for bulging, cracks, rust or discolouration on the tank.
- Check that all connections are secure.
- Treat and paint steel tanks as required.
Seek professional advice from an OFTEC-qualified engineer or registered company if you notice anything of concern.